Monday, January 2, 2012

Thoughts for the New Year

This was yesterday's devotion from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. What a wonderful thought at the beginning of this year. Hope it speaks to you as much as it did to me.

Come to me with a teachable spirit, eager to be changed. A close walk with Me is a life of continual newness. Do not cling to old ways as you step into a new year. Instead, seek My face with an open mind, knowing that your journey with Me involves being transformed by the renewing of your mind. As you focus your thoughts on Me, be aware that I am fully attentive to You. I see you with a steady eye, because My attention span is infinite. I know and understand you completely; My thoughts embrace You in everlasting love. I also know the plans I have for you: plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Give yourself fully to this adventure of increasing attentiveness to My Presence.

Romans 12:2; Jeremiah 29:11

Wow! I am ready for Him to change me! I am READY to let go of my old ways. I am ready for this adventure.

Are you?

No comments: