Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pinterest Recipe Reviews

So, I have pinned 359 recipes on pinterest. (Granted, some of them were pinned more than once....what can I say...I like what I like!) I thought I'd share with you the ones I have tried out and my thoughts on it.

1. Caramel Cake
Recipe via

This cake had great potential to be delicious! The baker (ME) messed this one up! I either over or undercooked the frosting so that the consistency was all wrong. AND I didn't let my cake cool completely before trying to turn it out of the pan, so it stuck. My fail....but I will try this again. I think it'll be great if I can get it right!



2. Crock pot potato soup
Recipe via

This I LOVE!! I have made it several times. So good and so easy!!


3. Cheesy Bread
Recipe via

This was really, really good too. Kinda greasy but yummy!

4. Peanut Butter Fudge
Recipe via

I liked this. It tasted great. It got kinda hard, so I guess I need to figure out how to better store it.

5. Copycat White Chocolate Mocha
Recipe via

All I can say about this one is YES PLEASE!!! I may or may not have gone through several bags of white chocolate chips! :)

6. Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls
Recipe via

I really like this...quick, easy and good. I love that it gives the kids and me a break from the normal spaghetti-o's, chicken nuggets and pb&j.

7. Kaytucky Chicken
Recipe via

Loved it! Very fancy, but not too hard. Will do again when I have company coming! May would sub crescent rolls for pastry sheets, but that's just my preference. Pastry sheets seem more dry.

8. Copycat Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets
Recipe via

This is AMAZING!!! Seriously. Tasted just like chick-fil-a. The only thing missing was their fabulous barbecue sauce. I bet I could google it.... Let me give you a hint on this one. The secret ingredient... powdered sugar. Oh yes! Yummm!

9. Asian Glazed Drumsticks
Recipe via

These were really good. I messed up the glaze so it wasn't really a glaze...more of umm, a glob. But it was still very tasty!

10. Marlboro Man Sandwich
Recipe via

Wasn't a huge fan of this one. Too Worcestershire-y.


11. Chocolate Sheet Cake

Recipe via

Delicious! Was my new favorite cake until I found the next one....keep reading!!

12. Sloppy Joe
Recipe via

This was good. Not awesome, but I'll make it again. I'm a sucker for a sloppy joe!!

13. Cajun Chicken Pasta
Recipe via

Very good!! Shockingly, I messed the sauce up on this, too. I didn't have heavy cream so I substituted..the cream never thickened. But it was still very good!

14. Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread

Recipe via

This wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. The top got crunchy.

15. Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Recipe via

I have to say I had my doubts about this one. I'm not used to chicken being in my chili. But it far exceeded my expectations. It was very good! Will definitely add this to my rotation.


OK....I went through the first 300 pins. I'll do the other 59 later...I'm tired!!! Be watching...the awesome chocolate cake recipe will be coming soon!!

What are some of the best recipes you have found on Pinterest?

2 comments:

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

ok pinterest is consuming my life. in a good way. i am finally making things and feeling productive...and my dinners have been good too

the smokey chicken pasta is a must...tastes like pasta milano at macaroni grill...im making it again this week...it was that good..

i've got a tx choc sheet cake that rocks...if you ever want try to another one its under my recipe tab on my blog

Emily said...

This is a great post! I will have to take your recommendations and start cooking/baking! Thanks!