Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thankfulness Day #1

I am going to TRY to name at least one thing I am thankful for everyday in November. God has blessed me so much, and I want to live with a grateful heart. And what better month to focus on this than the Thanksgiving month?!

First and foremost, I am thankful for my salvation. God, in His great mercy, pulled me out of the depths of sin. I have done...and can do...nothing to earn this. It is his free gift that I have chosen to receive. If you have not made this choice, it's not too late! This is a gift that is available to anyone who will receive it. It sounds so trite, but this is the most important decision of my life. I am overwhelmed that Jesus would die for such a selfish, sinful person. Thank you, God, for your great salvation!!!

Having just returned from my mission trip to Colombia, I have had the opportunity to share this great news with so many people. What a privilege to hold someone's hand and watch them pass from death to life. Overwhelmed does not describe it! I want to tell you all about my trip...and I will....but it's so hard to articulate my experience. But I'm working on it!

And finally....what kind of mom would I be if I didn't show off my cuties in their Halloween garb? Well... my phone died as I was about to send pics...so that will have to be tomorrow! I know...the suspense is killing you!!

If you want to join me in this Thankfulness Challenge, leave me a comment and tell me what you're thankful for today!

No comments: