Monday, February 20, 2012

40th Birthday Party


Thursday was Eddie's 40th birthday. I know, I am MUCH too young to be married to a 40 year old. I know. I don't know how that happened.

Anyway, his birthday was Thursday. He went to an Ole Miss basketball game Thursday night, so the kids and I gave him his gifts on Wednesday night.

But, that just wasn't good enough for him! Since Thursday, he has been moaning and groaning that "this was the first time in 40 years" that he hasn't had a birthday cake.

Little did he know!!

(I took pictures Friday when we decorated and I tried to remember to take some tonight during the actual party, but I didn't do so well, but it turned out great, and was lots of fun!)

Birthday Banner
Cake Table
Tables with very wrinkled tablecloths!!
Centerpiece for food table
The food table...lined with pictures of Eddie from birth up
Food label cards
Cupcakes....with 40 on top made out of chocolate
The Cake....see, he DID get one!

Tim had to light it with a torch!
This has to be a fire hazard!
He got them all!
Cake Pops


The only shot I got of the whole room
I couldn't figure out a theme. I didn't want to do "over the hill," but I did like having a touch of black in there. Went with black, white and red and I thought it turned out so cute!! We had so much food!! So many people pitched in, and we had.....brownies, cheese balls, spinach and artichoke dip, fiesta corn dip, spinach sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches, taco cheese log, ham ring, pigs in a blanket, party mix, crab dip, broccoli and cheddar quiche, cream cheese and pepper jelly, cheese and bacon quiche, mini cinnamon rolls, and 7-layer dip. We had soft drinks, water, coffee and punch. And of course, the wonderful cake, cupcakes and cake pops made by Lindsey.  Turned out so great!!

He is so hard to surprise, but we pulled it off! There was a great turn out, and we had so much fun!!

Happy Birthday, Eddie!

Linked this up with the TipJunkie.... 
Tip Junkie handmade projects

5 comments:

Ali - My Suitcase Full of Tricks said...

You did an awesome job. This is the second time one of your "entertaining" posts blew me away. You've got quite a knack for it.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

WHAT AN AWESOME WIFEY YOU ARE...my hubs had his 40th back in july...he hates parties and surprises....so i did neither. if he forgets mine i will kill him...i want a bang out party! hahaa

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Happy Birthday, Eddie!!

You did a GREAT job getting this all set up! BRAVO, Stacy!!!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Eddie!!!!
I'm sure he was totally happy with his party. Such a man, whining about a cake. That would totally be my hubby LOL

Kathleen W. said...

What a beautiful party! Happy birthday to your hubby!