Monday, February 20, 2012

Fudge Pie

Thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes with you! This is my husband's favorite pie, and it's so easy to make! My mom made this when I was growing up...not sure who gave her the recipe, so I'll give her the credit!

I haven't made this in a while, but my husband was out of town last week, and I got text from him when he was about an hour away from being home requesting I make this.

One of the best things about this is that it makes 2 pies. Enjoy one and share one with someone else!

Here's what you'll need:




2 thawed 9" pie crusts
4 squares Baker's unsweetened chocolate
2 sticks of butter
4 eggs
2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of flour

Preheat oven to 350.
Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler.
I put the chocolate on top of the butter so it doesn't stick to the bottom.

Next, put eggs, sugar and flour in a separate bowl.
Mix together.
Pour mixture into boiler with chocolate mix.
Mix well...until the sugar is melted.
Pour into pie crusts.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Enjoy a warm slice with some ice cream!!! :)


Fudge Pie
2 thawed 9" pie crusts
4 squares Baker's unsweetened chocolate
2 sticks of butter
4 eggs
2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of flour

Preheat oven to 350.
Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler. Mix together eggs, sugar and flour in a separate bowls and pour into chocolate mix. Mix until sugar is melted. Pour into crusts. Bake 350 for 25-30 minutes.

1 comment:

Megan said...

YUM! This looks delicious! I think my aunt makes a pie like this and it is always my favorite at every family meal!!