Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The hubby




This is me and my wonderful, husband, Eddie. And here is our story:

I have known Eddie as long as I can remember. We grew up in the same town, and went to the same church. He is 6 1/2 years older than me, and I had a huge crush on him! He worked for our youth minister when I was in the youth group, which is how I got to know him.


(This pic is when I was in high school and he was interning in our youth group)

I graduated high school and went to Ole Miss, and he was in seminary at New Orleans. Being the avid Rebel fan that he is, he would come to Oxford for the football games, and we started dating! September 5, 1997 was our first date (no clue how I remember that!). He was a youth minister then. He graduated from seminary and became pastor of a precious little church in Pontotoc, MS (which is like 30 minutes from Oxford). He asked me to marry him at the church one Wednesday night and we were married in December of 1999, which was during my junior year of college. I was doing a lot of my observations for my elementary education degree, and could do much of my work in Pontotoc schools, which was really convenient. We then moved to Tupelo for him to pastor a different church, and I taught 4th grade until we had our first baby. We moved to Georgia to another church for 5 years (and 3 more babies), and moved to Louisiana last year which is where we hope to have our happily ever after!

What can I tell you about Eddie?? He is funny. He is charming. He is comfortable being himself. He can talk to anyone --and usually does! He is so hard to go anywhere with. I am constantly reminding him that he isn't running for mayor!! He is at home who he is in the pulpit. He is honest (sometimes that is unfortunate! ha). He is thoughtful. He is helpful...with the cleaning, the kids, the cooking, anything I need help with! He takes the initiative. He doesn't wait for me (or whomever) to ask him to do something....if he sees something that needs to be done, he does it. He loves cookies, ice cream, and hot fudge. He is a hard worker. He can be a perfectionist. He is direct (again, sometimes unfortunate!). He stays healthy and exercises consistently.  He is caring. He cares about the souls of people. He is honest. His favorite channel is the Food Network. He is fun. He has eyebrows that furrow so that he looks mad even when he isn't (and couple that with his tone that sounds mad even when he isn't is often unfortunate!!). He drinks decaf instant coffee every night before bed. He is loyal. He is respectable. He is trustworthy. He is wise. He loves sports. He loves hunting and fishing and golfing. He always tries to do the right thing. He falls asleep on the couch. He is called of God and gifted by God to be a wonderful preacher. He takes his role as pastor very seriously. He is humble. He stands up for what he believes in. He loves to bake. He doesn't back down from the Truth, even if it isn't popular. He likes to argue. He has no problem eating off of anyone else's plate! He truly grieves over his sin. He is a man that daily strives to be the man God desires him to be.

If you can't tell, I love this man! I am so blessed that God chose me to be his wife! I am so undeserving of the gift that he is to me. "I have found the one whom my soul loves." (Song of Solomon 3:4)

(And I still have a crush on him!!)

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Sweet post!

Beverly Wooley said...

Woo Hoo! Welcome to the blogosphere sweet girl! Precious posts introducing you and Eddie. Can't wait to read the upcoming ones on your adorable children. I love seeing the pictures you post on facebook and watching them grow. Now the blog will let me enjoy their antics as well! You're going to love blogging, Stacy. Frankly, I find it very cathartic and find that God gives me insights a lot of times AS I'm writing. Blessings to you in your new journey. Love, Beverly

Lindsey said...

He does eat off of others' plates. I've seen him do it. My plate! He snuck a bite of Hershey bar cake at Fox's, but you didn't hear that from me. :)

Ali said...

How awesome is this?!?! It's amazing to see such a great love story.

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Eddie is such a good guy! He is lucky to have you, as you are lucky to have him!!