Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Princess

Meri Hobbs, our 4 year old, is the only girl in the mix. She is adorable! If you aren't sure, just ask her!! When I look at some teenage girls and see how they dress/act to get attention, I worry about how we are molding our daughter's self-esteem. And then a conversation like this takes place:

(After dance class):
Me - "Who was the prettiest dancer there today?"
MH - "Me, Mama!"

So, I think we're good there!

She is a sweet, sensitive, happy, loving girly girl! She loves dolls and purses and dressing up and make up. Which is a whole new world for me because I am NOT a girly girl! She is also very perceptive. If she feels I am starting to get frustrated, out comes the, "I love you, Mama. I think you're beautiful, Mama!"

I fear she may have a touch of defiance in her, though....The other day, she and Eli were watching Diego and Diego said, "Stand up and clap with me!" Meri Hobbs' response? "You're not the boss of me, Diego!" HA! Seriously?!

She just started preK and is learning so much. I am loving watching her as she discovers new things. She is great at learning her Bible verses for AWANA and loves going! She loves reading and we read multiple books multiple times a day!



I love my baby girl and pray that as she grows she will have a soul with a craving for God and a heart that clings passionately to Him. (Psalm 63:8)

1 comment:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Love MH!!! She is so sweet!!! You just have her call me if she needs any girly tips! Ha!