Monday, September 19, 2011

Introducing ME!

Wow! I feel like I should have a dynamic opening for my first sentence of my first blog post! But I don't! So, welcome!! Let me introduce myself. Although, the 2 people who will probably read this (hi, Mom!) already know me. But just in case....

I am Stacy. First, I am Christian. If you know nothing else about me, I want you to know this! God has saved me, redeemed my life and is  in the process of changing me. And boy does He have lots to change! That's really what this blog is about. Me changing. Me growing. Me becoming....well, me. The me I want to be. The me HE wants me to be, and I'm so very far from that. But praise God, He is the potter and will finish the good work that He has begun in me!

I am also a wife. A pastor's wife! Eek! That provides me with lots of (self-imposed) pressure. Thankfully, I am married to a Godly, amazing, understanding man who reminds me that the only One I have to please is God. Everything else will fall into place. I love being a wife. I love being Eddie's wife. And most days, I love being a pastor's wife.  Because I love being Eddie's wife so much, I can get a little possessive of his time, and sometimes that is a conflict with the busy life of a pastor. But that's part of what makes our life so interesting, too.

And, I'm a mom. A full-time, stay at home, 24 hour mom. We have 4 unbelievably awesome kids! Sam (6), Meri Hobbs (4), Eli (2) and Noah (11 months). They are so much fun and I am so completely in love with being their mom. Some days are crazy and I get stressed and grumpy and impatient and complain that I just need some ME TIME, but I would not trade these moments for anything!  I want to introduce you to these kids (and Eddie, too) so I will do that over the next few days. Let ya meet the whole fam!

I'm also a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a friend, a cousin, a niece.....but I won't do a paragraph for each one...yet! :)

When I told a friend who is a pro at blogging that I was thinking about doing a blog, she asked me what my focus was. I don't really have a focus. My focus is simply life as I know it. My journey to ME! I want to be better at life. I want to be a better Christian, a better wife, a better pastor's wife, a better homemaker, a better mom, a better friend....a better me. So if you want to join me on my journey, come on!!

6 comments:

Jason and Jackie said...

Hey there - -

I like it! I've been doing this a while just trying to keep everyone up to date and I'm really not great at it. I just learned a couple things looking at yours that I added to mine. I'm so not tech savvy. We don't even have smart phones and the texting is blocked on the phones we have. :o) Look forward to reading!

Emmie said...

Stacy, great beginning! So glad you've embarked on this journey of your journey! Blogging is sooo fun. I began a blog before Stella was born. Shortly after the birth of Stella and "Stories for Stella", as our family illness progressed, "Stories . . ." blogging bogged down. Still open and plan to begin anew one day, perhaps highlighting each month I've missed instead of daily/weekly entries. FaceBook chronicles will suffice for now. Just love reading blogs, and am especially eager for more from you! You're good with words, grammatical errors were glaringly NOT present, concise yet detailed, and the element that will attract followers is your sincere, unassuming, transparent heart. Your first entry, I give you a 9.5 ! Love you much. Anticipating your next entry !

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Welcome to the blog world!! So glad you are here! :)

nana112847 said...

Hi, I loved reading your first blog. It is so fun to see how you are growing, your family, and how God is leading in your life. I remember when!! Wasn't to sure how that whole group of kids were going to turn out. If it had anything to do with the parents of the group, we tried our best and thus far, most of you are wonderful young men and women. Keep it up. Diane

Alison said...

Love the blog!!! Keep the posts coming! :)

Old Loripalooza Site said...

Love your writing! Can't wait to see more. But keep in mind that blogging is a gateway drug... It only leads to more blogging.
www.Loripalooza.com